All the information, study materials, quizzes etc. can be found at the Moodle course Immunology DA0105044, the password to which is "Immunology2021". Below you can find a summary of the most important information.
Course page in SIS: https://is.cuni.cz/studium/predmety/index.php?do=predmet&kod=DA0105044
Tuesdays 8:00-9:45, small left lecture hall (malá levá posluchárna).
Powerpoint slides from previous year's lectures will be made available in each Moodle topic every Monday, up-to-date slides will be uploaded after each lecture. Previous year's YouTube lecture recordings will be available in each topic where available.
|5.10.2021||Introduction to immunology, innate immunity, complement|
|12.10.2021||Inflammation, cytokines, chemokines, antigen presentation, MHC system, cellular signaling|
|19.10.2021||Adaptive immunity, T, B lymphocytes, antibody response|
|26.10.2021||Immunity against infection, mucosal and skin immunity|
|9.11.2021||Allergic diseases, atopy|
|23.11.2021||Immunology of transplantation|
|30.11.2021||Biological therapy, immunostimulation, immunosuppression|
|14.12.2021||Immunity against tumours|
Groups 1, 2 Thursdays 8:00-9:40
|4.-8.10.2021||Introduction, organization, essay topics|
|11.-15.10.2021||(HOME) Work on essay|
|18.-22.10.2021||(HOME) Work on essay|
|25.-29.10.2021||Cases from the clinics|
|1.-5.11.2021||Laboratory methods in immunology|
|8.-12.11.2021||(HOME) Work on essay + hand-in|
|22.-26.11.2021||Immunodeficiency cases workshop|
|29.11.-3.12.2021||Oral essay presentations|
|6.-10.12.2021||Oral essay presentations|
|13.-17.12.2021||Oral essay presentations|
Composition of an essay is one of the crucial tasks leading up to the exam and is necessary to obtain your credits. Students can join in groups of up to three to choose one of the presented topics, or choose their own after consultation with the teachers, then compose and submit an essay according to specifications listed below. An oral presentation will then follow in November/December, also as part of the credit. More information will be given at the first seminar.
Each week after the Tuesday lecture, a short mandatory online test will open up in Moodle. This has to be completed and submitted by each student before Friday midnight. Their purpose is to promote revision of that week's topic and they will be mostly focused on (but not entirely limited to) what was discussed during the lecture, thus helping you form a stronger memory of the topic for the future.
Credits are awarded based on the essay, presentation, tests and presence at seminars.
They will be listed in SIS before exam period starts.
The exam will be held in person, orally, current public health situation allowing. The list of exam topics is listed here.
- Lecture! Each exam topic should be at least in part be covered during one of the lectures - not exhaustively (which is impossible given the time alotted), so we expect self-study to be an important part of your preparation. The lectures should however give you an idea of what is important and put the systems into proper context.
- Abbas, Lichtman, Pillai: Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Elsevier, 2017, 9th edition
- Murphy, Weaver: Janeway´s Immunobiology, Garland Science, 2017, 9th edition
- Hořejší, Bartůňková, Brdička, Špíšek: Základy imunologie, Triton, 2017, 6. vydání
- Chapel, Haeney, Misbah, Snowden: Essentials of Clinical Immunology, Wiley, 2014, 6th edition
- Bartůňková a kolektiv: Imunodeficience, Grada, 2021, 3. přeprac. vydání
- Bartůňková: Vyšetřovací metody v imunologii, Grada, 2011, 2. přeprac. vydání